Hawaiian Passenger Records 1843-1900
The Hawaii State Archives has passenger arrival records from 1843-1900. These have been microfilmed and are available at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. The records have been indexed (as part of this same microfilm collection) for Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese passengers, along with a general index for passengers of other nationalities.
Indexes to Chinese, Japanese, and Portuguese Passenger Manifests for Hawaii, 1843-1900 from the Hawaii State Archives
Hawaiian Passenger Records after 1900
- Honolulu, Hawaii Passenger Lists 1900-1959 at Ancestry (requires payment) from National Archives (NARA) Microfilm Publications A3422, A3510, A3574, A3575, A3576, A3577, A3615, A3614, A3568, A3569, A3571, A3577 and A4156
- Hawaii Passenger Lists 1942-1948 at Ancestry (requires payment) from National Archives (NARA) microfilm publications A3392 and A3411 - these are mostly departure records, but they also include abut 7,300 index cards for Filipino contract laborers and their families who arrived by ship at Honolulu in 1946.
Early Immigrants to Hawaii Online Database 1903-1944
- Index to Filipino Passengers Arriving at Honolulu, Hawaii, ca. 1900-ca. 1952. 19 rolls. National Archives Microfilm Publication A3407
- Index to Passengers, not Including Filipinos, Arriving at Honolulu, Hawaii, ca. 190?-ca. 1952. 37 rolls. National Archives Microfilm Publication A3410
- Index to Filipino Contract Laborers and their Wives and Children Arriving at Honolulu, Hawaii, in 1946. 1 roll. National Archives Microfilm Publication A3411 (this is included in the online database listed above)
- For information on these contact the National Archives
The San Bruno, California branch of the National Archives and the University of California at Berkeley are collaborating on a project to index case files of early immigrants to Hawaii and San Francisco in the form of an online database. This database presently includes an index to more than 16,600 "Chinese exclusion" case files for 1903-1944 from the Honolulu District Office of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). See the website below to search this database and for more information.
- Case Files of Early Immigrants to San Francisco and Hawaii
presently covers Honolulu files 1903-1944 and San Francisco files 1884-1915