This webpage is a list of links to online USA military records and indexes for genealogy research. The listings are in alphabetical order by name of war.|
Black Hawk War
- Ancestry's Military Records Collection (at Ancestry/requires payment) includes these Spanish-American War items...
- Connecticut Servicemen, Spanish American War
- Indiana Spanish American War Records
- Massachusetts Spanish American War Records
- Minnesota Volunteers in the Spanish American War and the Philippine Insurrection
- North Carolina Volunteers, Spanish American War
- Ohio Soldiers in the War with Spain, 1898-1899
- Oregon Volunteers, Spanish American War and Philippine Insurrection
- These scanned books are also included in their "Family & Local Histories" collection...
- Michigan Men in the Spanish American War
- Pennsylvania: Record of Pennsylvania Volunteers in the Spanish-American War, 1898
- Utah: The History of the Utah volunteers in the Spanish-American War and in the Philippine Islands
- Also see the Korean War section above for some Vietnam War casualties
War of 1812
World War One
World War Two
- Access to Archival Databases (AAD) from the US National Archives - included are many war related databases such as...
- World War II Army Enlistment Records (Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, 1938-1946)
- World War II Prisoners of War File, ca. 1942 - ca. 1947
- Japanese-American Internee File, 1942-1946
- Korean Conflict Casualty Files
- Repatriated Korean Conflict Prisoners of War File, ca. 1978 - ca. 1980
- Combat Area Casualties Database, ca. 1967 - ca. 12/1998 (includes Vietnam Casualties)
- Data File from the Casualty Information System, 1/1961-12/1981 (includes Vietnam Casualties)
- Cambodian Incidents File
- American Battle Monuments Commission
This organization maintains a listing of those buried at American military cemeteries overseas, and those Missing in Action from World War I, World War II, Korea and Vietnam. They also have a listing of Civil War, Mexican War and Spanish American War veterans buried in Mexico, and those who lost their lives during the Korean War. Many of their databases are searchable online.